Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mobile Al. area May 22-24, 2010

Well, I'm falling behind already and we have just started our trip. Our first stop was in Crestview FL. and I need get back to it. We are now at the Styx River RV Resort which is about half way between Pensacola FL and Mobile AL.

(I haven't uploaded all the pictures yet. I will add links to more pictures and add comments as I get them on-line)




We visited Bruce Yoder & Darlene. Bruce is a highschool freind from Western Military Academy (WMA).
Now,,, Bruce is "Da Man" when it comes to cooking salmon.





On Monday we went to the Oakleigh Historic Complex only to find it closed. I did walk around the outside and took some pictures. You can see the pictures at:

From there we went to the Mobile Muesum and it was also closed. Bummer!

Right nearby was Fort Conde. It was open BUT parts were closed for restoration.
As it turned out there was still a lot to see. What remains, is only a small portion of the orginal fort.

Today we are going to Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines. These are located on th eeast and west side of the enterance to Mobile Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment